Tuesday 24 August 2010

Alice In Wonderland

I've just watched Alice in Wonderland...have you seen it?  Its just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!   OK, its got a lot of CGI in it and its an adaptation of the original but we've all read (and seen) that so it was refreshing to see something new.  
In the film, Alice is now 19 and is about to receive a proposal of marriage when she falls down the rabbit hole once again.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that Jonny Depp is a huge part of the film because not only is he yummy but he is also funny - strange how many times we've seen him in wild make-up in films - (aha, I have here a copy of his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)...but recognise him in this film - no way!
At first I thought the lead actress Mia Wasikowska was incredibly plain and disappointing but of course that was part of the film - once she falls down the rabbit hole she blossoms, and I loved the way her costumes evolved.   Best part of the film for me?  The Cheshire Cat of course.   You just can't miss this - I watched it on my PC snuggled down in bed, and was just completely lost, lost.  
And as for the Cheshire cat, what can I say?   He's utterly scrumptious..... not sure which one I prefer - Depp or the cat, Depp or the cat....oh, its got to be the cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! Please leave a comment x