Tuesday 4 May 2010

Goodbye

Today I have been to the funeral of a good friend, whom I will miss so much.   Chris had fought bravely against cancer for the last 18 months and a few days ago she lost that fight; she was frequently in pain and constantly ill from the treatments as much as the cancer itself but she had dignity, a sense of perspective and was always positive.   I will miss her kindess, her friendly face and her sense of humour, but I know she would believe she had had enough and it was time to go.   It is true that someone who is remembered is never gone, and I know I will remember her bravery always.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. Cancer is an ugly disease. I'm sure your friend knows that she will be remembered in your heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Please leave a comment x