Monday 11 January 2010

The Beautiful Merlin In The Snow....

I have to share this....this is my lovely boy, whom I just took for a walk...he's all wrapped up in his cosy rug and we're out enjoying the snow...its amazing how many people we meet out there on Carrington Moss who are walking their dogs...I think some of them decide to give up on drinking when they see a horse on a lead...but its a nice way of making friends and interesting to realise that some people have never even touched a horse in their lives - last year I went past what I can only describe as a pack of hoodies and despite my being on my horse's back and being armed with a whip (the whip is for shoving down boots just in case of human attack, never for using on my horse you understand) I have to confess to being completely terrified, especially when they all started to surround us - but all these kids wanted to do was stroke Merlin and feed him grass (the actual green, growing out of the ground type, not 'grass'...heavens, the horse is nutty enough without feeding him mind-altering drugs....!!) and we soon realised that despite my being on a horse and despite their being terrifying hoodies, we were all actually quite nice people.   So there's a lesson, get a horse, hug a hoodie.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! Please leave a comment x