Monday 15 February 2010

February....

Hmmm...ever had that feeling you were meeting yourself going backwards or is that just a northern expression?  How about this one....one step forward two steps backward??  Or this one - something about a fly with a blue bottom???  (last one was cleaned up in case you are a little bit delicate....)

Its been just crazy hectic round here.   I've been charging up and down the country going to trade fairs and seeing suppliers and sourcing new stock - I love doing this, its always nice buying gorgeous new stuff and then dreaming of the jewels I'll make....not so nice are the bills I am expecting (gulp, wince.....) 

I've been working on a new project that will take me in a different direction...I'm going to have to be a bit mysterious for the moment because I want to do a 'proper' launch when its the right time, its a totally different area that will at the same time fit in with the  jewellery so I'm excited about that, its always refreshing to have something new to work on, but more of that to come when I know more....

I've been having a bit of a tough time of it health-wise though.  I had a series of kidney infections and chest infections over Christmas and New Year, and the kidney came back to bother me a day or two ago and I am writing this from the comfort of my bed (complete with cat) because the only way I can feel comfortable is with my kidney (left) pressed into something soft (the cat doesn't seem to want to comply, so I am using the bed instead...) - I'm under orders to get it sorted out because of course my RA meds compromise my immune system fairly aggressively, so its just a case of waiting for the antibiotics to kick in now....

Its so frustrating, I have all this gorgeous new stuff and I can't wait to get to it and I'm having to wait to get better...I can't even go out and see Merlin...

Anway, sorry to whinge but sometimes its what you've got to do!!!  I guess all that whizzing up and down motorways and spending money was a bit too exciting and this is what I've got now as a result!!  Grump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! Please leave a comment x