Tuesday 16 October 2007

Autumn

Its been amazing seeing the change of season and weather - I am particularly in love with a huge tree that fascinates me at the stableyard around this time of year - the leaves change from green to gold and then to deepest red down to russet, then they drop off....and every year I promise myself I will take photographs to mark this miracle, and once again, I have not.
All Merlin seems to be interested in is eating the leaves - you would be amazed at the stuff horses eat - mine enjoys fruit smoothies, pears, oranges, mangoes, raspberries, cranberries, strawberries and liquorice alongside the usual carrots and apples - I did find out once that he does not enjoy cheese after he spat out a sandwich he had stolen from me, and he really is not too keen on bananas. I would like to say before I get a deluge of people writing to me, I don't feed him the stuff above all the time - though right now he is quite partial to the blackberries at perfect ripeness from the hedgerows we pass every day as I take him to the field... My hands are stained red and black from helping him out with picking them...
Its been quiet on here for the same reason its been quiet for a while - I am still having a tough time with my Rheumatoid Arthritis - I started with a flare-up in May/June and its been tough since....at long last I do believe I MAY be on the home straight, and in the next week I am due to see my consultant with a view to being prescribed a new drug.
I have been asked to work on a number of commissions, and I thank the people who have been so patient with my snail-like progress on these - I finished some today, and I will be in touch shortly. In the meantime, stay warm.
"I think that the very moment you develop a sense of caring, others appear more positive. This is because of your own attitude. On the other hand, if you reject others, they will appear to you in a negative way. Another thing that is quite clear to me is that the moment you think only of yourself, the focus of your whole mind narrows, and because of this narrow focus uncomfortable things can appear huge and bring you fear and discomfort and a sense of feeling overwhelmed by misery. The moment you think of others with a sense of caring, however, your mind widens. Within that wider angle, your own problems appear to be of no significance, and this makes a big difference." - Dalai Lama