Tuesday 11 November 2008

Where does time go?

Phew, where on earth does time go? Answers on a postcard, please....
I have lots of new work to go on the site but it will have to wait a week or so because I am taking my Mummy to New York - she's not been well and its a treat - she has never been to the States before so she is probably dizzy with excitement - I will get a chance hopefully to look around the New York jewellery scene and take inspiration from that. We set off tomorrow morning, so early it should be illegal. I guess that makes me chaperone to my Mum - I am hoping she will behave herself! We will visit Ellis Island, maybe go to the theatre (I am hoping to get tickets to see 'Wicked'), go and look round the interesting neighbourhoods, shop, shop, and shop, go to some Museums, and take a look at the Statue of Liberty. I am looking forward to this as I haven't been on holiday this year, and this has been made possible by my improvement in health.
There is a major update on my Rheumatoid Arthritis medication - I have found out officially following the end of the drug trial that I am on a new drug called 'Actemra' (also known as 'Rituximab') - to say I am better would be like saying the Empire State building is large...not saying I cannot feel my RA (I certainly can today but...much better - I am even thinking of getting back on Merlin in due course).
The other bit of news I have is that Mark and I adopted a new pussycat - well, he is not exactly new, being 4 years old but the lady who had him sadly cannot give him all the time he needs because she works shifts lot, so he came to us - he is a Burmese and is called 'Blue'...on my return from NY I will post more photos...I am not sure what spoiled Cleocatra will have to say, but after Mark's old Burmese boy Aston died from old age (at 19) earlier this year, it left a cat shaped hole in the family.