Tuesday 12 February 2008

Monty Roberts


How lovely to see spring sushine and flowers. I'm tidying the studio, clearing out old clutter and generally putting life and work in order.


Yesterday I went to see a demonstration by a Monty Roberts also known as 'The Horse Whisperer' whom I have long admired, with my god-children Natasha and Nicole as well as their mum, my friend Adele.
Mr. Roberts is 73; he trains horses (or maybe he trains humans) to understand each other by speaking the same language. His background was a tough one, born into a cycle of violence which he has turned

right around - he has made a huge difference to many people and horses all over the world - understanding from the horses' perspective. To come to that understanding, we need to be prepared to listen.

So in-between the work in the studio, and the cleaning and the change of the season, I am trying to make time to do other things like writing, photography and the painting I have wanted to do for ages, but felt guilty about because I should be "working". I hope that these new things will take my work in new directions... it's not called 'Spring Cleaning' for nothing.

My beautiful God-daughters Nicole and Natasha and my good friend Adele